Lockout/Tagout LOTO are used during the service and maintenance work on industrial equipment’s safety.
Why Is It Necessary?
Most industrial accidents are caused by unexpected energisation of machines by the uncontrolled release of energy. So to prevent these needless deaths and seriouc injuries lock out and tag outs equipments are used
Electrical and manufacturing industries, Automobile industries, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical, Hospitals , Hotels etc.
Steps Of Lockout/Tagout LOTO
For Lockout to be effective a clear, well defined lockout policy supported by administrative and control procedures and people training is essential.
- Develop a lookout policy
- Identify lockout situations
- Develop Procedures
- Enforce and update your policy
Proper Lockout/ Tag out (LOTO) practices and procedures safeguard workers from the sudden releases of hazardous energy. Energy sources including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal and other sources in machines and equipment can be hazardous to the workers.
During the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment the unexpected startup or release of stored energy can result in serious injury or death of the workers.
Definition Of Lockout/Tagout LOTO
Lockout means to physically neutralize all energies in a piece of equipment before beginning any maintenance or repair work. It generally involves:
- Stopping all energy flows (for example: by turning off switches or valves on supply lines.
- Locking switches and valves.
- Securing the machine, device or power transmission line in a de-energized state (for example: by applying blocks and blanks or pneumatic pressure from lines.
Tagout means placing a warning tag or sign on energy isolating device, a warning not to operate the machinery until the tagout device is removed.
It alerts other employees the status of machine or system, about why it has been taken out of service and the identity of the individual who has applied the lockout.
LOCKOUT STATION-PRODUCT DETAILS
Lockout stations and kits are equipped with the tools used for isolating mechanical and electrical control points. These stations are portable or static and work for just about any application. Detailed description of various tools is given below with which Usha Armour Pvt. Ltd. is dealing with.
PREMIER MULTIPURPOSE LOCKOUT WITH 2 MTRS OF VINYL COATED GALVANISED CABLE WITH LOOP
- Scientifically made moulded section of PVC
- Incorporating solid steel die cut insert for holding the Vinyl coated galvanized steel cable.
- Galvanized steel cable with stand more than 100 Kg weight
- Tough & Hard metal construction.
- Compact & easy to use.