Escape Smoke Hood
The Escape Smoke Hood is a Personal Protective Equipment which gives respiratory, head and eye protection against smoke and toxic gases. In fire accidents, it is not fire but smoke which causes severe loss of life. In particular, in modern buildings and industrial fires, the smoke contains toxic gases such as CO ( Carbon Monoxide ), HCN ( Hydrogen Cyanide ), HCL ( Hydrogen Chloride ), Acrolein etc.
These toxic gases are deadly in nature and can cause blistering, tissue death infection, convulsions, nausea, shortness of breath and even death in minutes. In every building there is a vulnerable group of people like OT Doctors, staff nurses, lab scientists, server rack operators, ERT members, process engineers, complex machine operators who need a little extra time to evacuate the building as they have to follow certain shut down procedures. The Emergency mask has a filtering mechanism which can filter toxic gases for few minutes and can give a person trapped in a fire accident a precious time of up to15 minutes to escape safely from the building.
Hence it is a must for all Office Buildings, Hospitals, Industries, Hotels, high rise buildings, Shopping Malls, Schools, College etc. Our escape smoke hood is CE approved, as per EN 403-2016 approval.
- Lead time of 15 minutes to escape safety from the building.
- The filter & canister is made of stainless steel material &has a mechanical and chemical filter which blocks CO, HCN,HCL, Acrolein and other toxic gases.
- The neck belt is made from elastic rubber which is stretchable.
- The half face mask is made from neoprene rubber and fits the user’s face completely.
- One way breathing valve is made of ABS plastic which prevents inhaling of toxic gases and is used to only exhale out.
- The Visor is made of soft PVC which does not melt easily & the Hood belt is made of cotton.
- It has an Air plug is made out of neoprene rubber which it is used to block to ends of filter when not in us.