Escape Smoke Hood
The Escape Smoke Hood is a Personal Protective Equipment which gives respiratory, head and eye protection against smoke and toxic gases. In fire accidents, it is not fire but smoke which causes severe loss of life. In particular, in modern buildings and industrial fires, the smoke contains toxic gases such as CO ( Carbon Monoxide ), HCN ( Hydrogen Cyanide ), HCL ( Hydrogen Chloride ), Acrolein etc.
These toxic gases are deadly in nature and can cause blistering, tissue death infection, convulsions, nausea, shortness of breath and even death in minutes. In every building there is a vulnerable group of people like OT Doctors, staff nurses, lab scientists, server rack operators, ERT members, process engineers, complex machine operators who need a little extra time to evacuate the building as they have to follow certain shut down procedures. The Emergency mask has a filtering mechanism which can filter toxic gases for few minutes and can give a person trapped in a fire accident a precious time of up to15 minutes to escape safely from the building.
Hence it is a must for all Office Buildings, Hospitals, Industries, Hotels, high rise buildings, Shopping Malls, Schools, College etc. Our escape smoke hood is CE approved, as per EN 403-2016 approval.
- OT Doctors
- Staff nurse
- Server rach operators
- ERT members
- Pricess engineers
- Complex machine operators
How to Use :-
- Remove the escape mask from the wall and take out the escape mask from the case.
- Remove the rubber plug located in front of the filter.
- Remove the rubber plug located from the inner side of the filter too.
- Pull the mask over your head and pull it downwards covering the neck.
- Cover your mouth and nose completely.
- Breathe calmly and follow the route to the nearest emergency exit.
Lead time of 15 minutes to escape safety from the building.
- The filter & canister is made of stainless steel material &has a mechanical and chemical filter which blocks CO, HCN,HCL, Acrolein and other toxic gases.
- The neck belt is made from elastic rubber which is stretchable.
- The half face mask is made from neoprene rubber and fits the user’s face completely.
- One way breathing valve is made of ABS plastic which prevents inhaling of toxic gases and is used to only exhale out.
- The Visor is made of soft PVC which does not melt easily & the Hood belt is made of cotton.
- It has an Air plug is made out of neoprene rubber which it is used to block to ends of filter when not in us.
- Cylinder – Aluminium (BS EN ISO : 7866: 2016) PESO Approved
- PIN Index Valve – Brass (IS 3745: 2016) PESO Approved
- Capacity – 2.2 L TR, 300 LTRS of oxygen
- Settings – Normal and High
Normal -6LPM -50 minutes
High -12LPM -25 minutes
- High – 12 LPM – 25 minutes
- Cylinder to be refilled immediately after every use or every 3 years if unused.
- CE approved : 93/42/EEC: 13485: 2016
- The hood is made from flame retardant fabric
- The stainless steel canister with mechanical & chemical filters can filter carbon monoxide (CO), HCN (Hydrogen Cyanide), HCL (Hydrogen Chloride), Acrolein
- The half face mask is made up of neoprene rubber and fits the user’s face completely CE
- One way breathing valve is made up of ABS plastic which prevents inhaling of toxic gases and is used only to exhale out Design
Contact us today
We reply within 24 hours
Have any questions?
Mon-Sat, 8:30am until 6pm