THERMAL IMAGING CAMERA
A Thermo graphic camera (or thermal imaging camera) is a device that forms an image using infrared radiation, similar to a common camera that forms an image using visible light. Thermographic cameras usually detect radiation in the Infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since infrared radiation is emitted by all objects with a temperature above absolute zero (-273.15⁰ C or 0⁰ K), thermography allows one to see the environment with or without visible light.
Why Is It Necessary?
When viewed through a thermographic camera, warm objects stands out well against cooler backgrounds. The amount of radiation emitted by an object increases with an increase in temperature, therefore, thermography allows one to see variation in temperature. Fire fighters use thermographic cameras to see through smoke, to find victims, and to localise the base of a fire. Maintenance technicians use thermographic cameras to locate overheating joints and sections of power lines, which are a sign of impending failure. Building construction technicians can see thermal signatures that indicate heat leaks in faulty thermal insulation and can use the results to improve the efficiency of heating and air-conditioning units.
- It allows to inspect equipment quickly and take accurate temperature measurements from a safe distance.
- IR Camera with MSX Technology 80 x 60 (4,800 Pixels)
- MSX technology automatically extracts the critical details from the visible image and embosses them on to the thermal image
- It represents a breakthrough in price vs performance Sharp Industrial design, feels great in your hands
- MSX is better than video blending – video blending dilutes the thermal image where MSX augments the thermal image with just the critical visible details
- Big bright display 3’’ – a 200 percent larger display than competing units
- Innovative “Dark Precision” user interface has a simple central button access point and n-screen tool tips
- Rubberized – Encased in rubber, lens cap built in, 2 Meter drop test! Thermal sensitivity .15C
- Thermal detector has 4,800 pixels and a 10 year warranty and (320 x 240) MSX resolution on all unit.
- Substation electrical inspections
- Thermal heat loss inspections of buildings
- Locate radiant heating wires or pipes
- Locate potential areas for mold growth
- Flat roof leak detection for buildings
- Detect thermal patterns on boiler tubes
- Mechanical bearing inspections